Pumpkin Spice Latte THM-FP

 

I love fall, and I love all things pumpkin spice! Here is another coffee house inspired treat. You won't have to miss out on a delicious pumpkin spice latte when you make this quick and healthy version. I thought of other things I could add to make this even healthier, but my goal is to create healthy recipes that are quick and easy. In my world, the less ingredients the better, and the more likely I will be to make it again.
 

You will need:

*6 ounces of brewed coffee

*2 tsp. of Gentle Sweet (use this chart if using a different sweetener)

*3/4 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk

*1 Tbsp. protein powder (do not leave this out, this is what makes the froth)

*1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice flavoring (I find this one at my local Menards)

Optional: Fat free Reddi Wip and 1 Tbsp. Half and Half

 While the coffee is brewing (I like to brew my coffee right into an extra large measuring cup, so it doesn't make a mess when I'm mixing everything together), heat the milk in the microwave until it reaches your desired temperature.
 

Pour milk into coffee, along with the rest of the ingredients, including optional half and half (it is good without, but creamier with the Half and Half). Use an immersion blender, milk frother, or just an old fashioned whisk to mix well. There won't be as much froth with the whisk, but it still works. Pour into cup, top with optional Reddi Wip, and enjoy! If not using the Reddi Wip, I like to add a little more Gentle Sweet (1/2 tsp.), but that is my personal preference, as I like things pretty sweet!

THM is about food freedom, and we don't count calories, but I was curious about this one. I was amazed, when I added it all up, that this cup of creamy goodness is only 66 calories, and that includes the optional Half and Half and Reddi Wip! You can probably guess that a Pumpkin Spice Latte at your favorite coffee shop has quite a few more calories!

Note: According to the cashew milk and half and half that I use, this recipe contains 3.25 grams of fat, which is well within FP limits. Just be mindful, if you're having this with an E breakfast, that you won't have too much more fat you can add to your meal.


                Click the recipe card to enlarge or print.


 



Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Most Popular Posts